Friday, October 2, 2009

Halloween Party

Okay, here's the plan. Halloween party at my house on the friday before Halloween (Oct. 30th). People want to do a corn maze but not a haunted one, so I'm thinking we should meet at the corn maze (Black Island Farms--the one in Syracuse??) and then come back to my house and play games and do party stuff. Sound good? If we want to carve pumpkins but people are afraid it will drag out and take too long, we can do smaller ones if you want. Will that work Amanda? Or we can paint them... comment with your ideas on what you want to do. If anyone has any other suggestions, please post them!! I don't know about the time yet, I don't know if we want to do the corn maze before it turns dark so we don't have to do the haunted one. Let me know! And also let me know if you have and requests of snacks/food. Do you guys want to do pizza or just snacks or both or what? I have a fire pit in my backyard so we could even roast hotdogs and marshmallows if that sounds fun. Once we have it all figured out I might ask you guys to bring something to share if that's okay. This is gonna be so much fun!! :)

17 comments:

Yen said...

Omg.. haha.. i love how you're trying to make everyone happy Maddie! Umm... we don't have to do the corn maze.. I just kinda threw it out there.

So should I bring egg rolls, fried wontons, or fried rice. Idk... Hillary, how much wheat CAN you have?

Hillari said...

I can have things that have a little wheat in them, it's mainly the things made up of actual wheat that make me the sickest. Especially when combined with yeast.

Hillari said...

Egg rolls sound AWESOME!!!!!

Amanda said...

Way to take command, Maddie! I love it!

I figure we'll have fun any way it goes, so we can do whatever. I loved the hot dog/marshmallow idea!

Smaller pumpkins are a great idea!

I don't know about the corn maze, you already have my opinion on that...ask everybody else.

What do you guys want me to bring?

Erika said...

Don't know it I can come but, here's my opinion all the same.

Corn maze would be awesome, but it is not allowed to be haunted, me and haunted things have never gotten along. We don't like each other much.

The hotdog/marshmellow thing sounds good to.

Erika said...

That was horrid grammer and i spelled oodles wrong in that post

Oh, well.

Amanda said...

Erika! Hi! I haven't seen you in forever! How are you?

S Thorne said...

I like the corn maze idea. Have you guys seen the black island corn maze. It's Jacob Black and Edward Cullen. How awesome is that. A werewolf and a vampire made of corn!
I also like the hotdog idea. Any ideas of what I should bring?

Yen said...

IF we still even have it... how many people WOULD go to the game if it was really on friday?

Misty said...

If this party is held on Friday, I can't come... I have a carnival I am putting on for Girl Scouts to earn some money to go vacationing with... perhaps somebody would like to assist me in running some booths? jkjk... the carnival starts at like 5 and would go for a few hrs... so if i could do the party, I would have to at least miss the corn maze if it happens. sorry! what should I bring?

Since when is Hillary allergic to wheat??? why didn't I hear of it??? would i be allowed to bring pumpkin chocolate chip cookies? or has Keilee got that covered? ;)

Misty said...

perhaps at Maddie's house, we could watch some at least semi-scary movies?? it is All Hallows Eve, after all....

Maddie said...

Some people are thinking of keeping the party on that same friday, but moving it to the middle of the day (like noon) in case the game is that day. Anyone up for that? Or we could do it thursday night since we don't have school the next day.

Amanda said...

I actually wouldn't mind Thursday night.

Hillari said...

I work on Thursday until 7 oclock. :(

Amanda said...

So come at 7 and we'll stay up late!

It's a Halloween party! You're not supposed to do it during the day anyway!

Misty said...

My Halloween dance is on Thursday, but I should be able to come after that, if it is indeed on Thursday, that is. Are we coming dressed up?? Can we?

Yen said...

Well, right now, we're waiting on the DHS football game to see how playoffs are and when it is. I'm thinking we'll find out on monday? and by thursday, do you mean the 29th?