Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines Catastrophe (No, people, it does not involve an apostrophe with fur)

So for Valentines Day, me 'n the Baylster made our parents dinner. We were planning on going to Bear LAke over the weekend, but were deterred by the insane anount of cars that were off the road...anyway, we made the dinner out of things we already had on hand, so it was spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, Jello, and cake! I know, I know...weird mix, eh?

We burnt everything but the Jello.

However, we salvaged the evening! How you may ask? Well:

The heartshaped cake was all perfect and full of golden heart shaped goodness when a certain someone put the cake on a burner that was left on...ok, ok, it was me! We hurry to get it off and rip the cake in three parts! So, Baylee makes another thin cake out of the leftover batter, we put it over the other cake (we cut the bottom off and glued the rest together with frosting), and frost it. We end up with a yummy layered cake!



I inevitably burn the meatballs while dealing with the cake drama. Bay and I cut the bottom off them, and we end up with pleasantly smoky flavored meatballs!

The garlic bread was left in a little too long while we were cutting off the bottoms of the meatballs, but they turned out deliciously crunchy!



Are you amazed? Yup, we were too!

2 comments:

Hillari said...

oh aly. i think my liver just exploded because I laughed so hard. but hey! it's the thought that counts, right? :D

Amanda said...

I agree with Hillary! Wow. lol