Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Phew!

I finally got it over with. I got my license! yay!

On the way there my dad made me drive. I was doing good for it only being my second time on the freeway until we almost got smashed by a small semi. literally. He was changing into our lane and I was paralyzed so I didn't change over and then it started to rain and I couldn't see. My mom's car has automatic wipers, but unfortunately I was driving my Dad's car. I was freaking out and my dad was trying to find the wiper button for me and the semi was honking and finally my dad said "change lanes!" I changed without even looking back, luckily no one was in the way. It turned out that the Semi had another car on his other side about to go off the road cause he couldn't merge. It was all very traumatic. I still got my license though! I was surprised my dad let me.

5 comments:

Hillari said...

wow. I just realized that made me sound like an awful driver. I really can drive! just not when I can't see and a semi is plowing into the side of me!

Yen said...

I don't know Hillary, I'm kinda skeptical of your driving skills. j/k.. you're probably a REALLY good driver, I'd trust you to drive me somewhere!

Amanda said...

That's totally scary, Hillary. I would freak out too. I might have looked before I changed lanes, but...

Amanda said...

I'm just paranoid that way anyway.

Misty said...

YAY!!!! You are now an honorary member of the club of which millions of Americans are a part of: the Driver's License Club.

We welcome you with open arms.